What is Skoop?
Skoop signage is a cloud-based digital signage software. Skoop signage allows business to remotely play any content on any of their screens.
What is the difference between the tiers?
Free is limited to one screen, one playlist, and three pieces of content. Essentials is perfect for controlling many screens with straightforward content such as still images and videos. Pro has advanced features that allow for complex integrations necessary for real-time updates of menu boards, ad serving, and more. See pricing page for details.
How do I get Skoop Signage on my screen?
Skoop works with all screens. For smart TVs and personal devices simply download Skoop from your devices App store. For other screens use one of our USB sticks or talk to a digital signage expert about what solution works best for your network.
What screen types do you support?
All of them! Check our hardware page for recommendations
How do I suggest to features, improvement?
We are always looking for new ways to improve our product. Feel free to reach out with any suggestions you may have. We value user feedback and look forward to working with you to introduce new features!
What happens if my screen loses an internet connection?
The Skoop app will cache and download your data. If you happen to lose internet connection, the content that was being played on your screen will continue to be displayed until your wifi connection is restored. When your connection is restored, the app will automatically download any new content that was uploaded during the time that your wifi connection was lost.
How can I refresh my screens?
All signs automatically refresh every 10 minutes. If your media player is equipped with a remote, you can click "enter" or "select" button to refresh. You can also click the refresh button on your screen setting page.
How do I add a screen to my account?
1. Click the screens tab on your account. 2. Click the new screen button. 3. Enter screen information and save.
How do I create folders?
1. Click the screens tab on the left-hand menu. 2. Click the new folder button. 3. Enter folder name.
How do I add a user?
1. Click the users item on the left-hand menu. 2. Click the add user button. 3. Enter details for user.
How do I add credit card on my account?
1. Click the billing item on the left-hand menu. 2. Click add card button. 3. Enter card information and save.
How do I view my billing history?
1. Click the billing item on the left-hand menu. 2. Scroll down past payment information. 3. The subscription list contains your billing history.
How do I begin creating designs for my signage?
Our design team is standing by to help. Feel free to reach out to us. Skoop Signage also has a full content design studio built-in with thousands of premade templates.
What is the best size for my content?
Always make sure your content is sized correctly to you screens. You do not want content to have black bars or be too zoomed in.
Common Aspect Ratios
TVs (16:9): 1920 x 1080
Pedicabs (2:1): 1200 x 600
What file types does Skoop support?
Video Files: webm, mp4, mov, wmv, avi, avchd, flv, mkv
Image Files: png, jpg/jpeg, gif, jfif, psd, ai
Not Supported: WebP, heif, bmp, cur, ico, mht, pdf, sng, swf, tif
What colors are best for my designs?
1. Do complimentary colors: Make sure you use colors that go well together and stand out.
2. Don’t use colors that are too similar: When colors are too similar to each other, it makes ads hard to read. If your base color is yellow, don’t use white text, instead use black because it will pop!
3. Don’t use too many colors: Using too many colors can seem messy and distracting.
4. Colors evoke emotion: Keep in mind how the colors you use will make the consumer feel. This will affect how they view your brand.
What is the best way to create compelling signs for Billboards and other advertising screens?
1. Less is more, 6 or less words is ideal. You only have a few seconds to get your message across.
2. Make text large. People are viewing your ads from a distance, make sure they can read it.
3. Don’t overwhelm with too much information. We do not recommend cluttering your ad with your website, phone number, and email.
How do I setup Skoop on an Amazon Fire TV?
1. Plug your Fire TV into your TV’s HDMI port and then plug the power adapter into an outlet.
2. Use the USB cable to connect the power adapter and your Fire TV.
3. Turn on your TV and switch to the correct HDMI input.
4. If your remote doesn’t pair automatically, press the Home button until “Press to start” appears on-screen (about 10 seconds).
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to Wi-Fi and download the latest software update. Note: If you’re having issues with your Wi-Fi password, contact your internet service provider.
6. Sign in with your Amazon account.
7. Follow the on-screen questions to set up equipment control for devices like soundbars.
8. Once you are in, hit “find” or “search” and search for the “Skoop Signage” app.
What TV can I use? Do I need a smart TV?
You do NOT need a smart TV. Skoop makes it simple and easy. As long as your TV has an HDMI port and your facility has wifi, you are good to go!
How does the Ads feature work?
Skoop enables screen operators to add “Ad Slots” to their screens. Outside sponsors and advertisers can then purchase ad slots and schedule ad campaigns online.
Can Skoop do programmatic advertising?
Yes, Skoop is integrated with the largest DSP’s and SSP’s. With SKOOP Signage, you can connect to the best programmatic exchanges such as Place Exchange, Vistar Media, The Trade Desk, Hivestack, and more.
Having trouble? Let us know what you need help with and we will get back to you ASAP.